Monday, March 20, 2017

Author Feature - Terra James

I think I completely missed last week. I apologize for that. With everything going on, I'm also looking for a full-time job and planning the our one year blogiversary! =) I have a big interview this morning and if everything goes alright, although I've worked there before, I'll probably take the job, we need this. Anyways, I have a special feature for you today! And you have three chances to win. Today. please tap your keyboards and send a warm welcome to Author Terra James!


When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I started writing poetry when I was ten. I can’t remember when I realized I wanted to be a writer. I think I’ve just always writer, because it was a part of me.

How long does it take you to write a book?
It depends on my daily schedule. I have had a lot going on lately with family sickness. I published my first book on June 19, 2015, and was so inspired I published the second book seven days later on June 26, 2015. I published a total of four books in six months. In 2016, I only published a short story in an anthology and one book. So for me, it really varies with everything going on in my personal life.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?


When I get inspired, I write for hours without even knowing any time has passed really. I never use an outline. I just write whatever comes to me. It is never planned.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
I got the idea for the Immortal series from my children. They love fantasies but I wanted it to be unique. I didn’t want it to just be about vampires or werewolves, so I put a little bit of every supernatural species in the series. Chaotic Evolution Trilogy is inspired by a nightmare/dream that I had one night. Speaking Emotions is inspired by my daughter’s struggle with autism. My short story Jaden’s Miracle, in Detours in Our Destination, was inspired to be written in remembrance of my angel baby. I get my ideas from just about everywhere. lol

When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I wrote my first book when I was ten. It was a book of poetry. I wrote my first novel in 2015 when I was 34.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I like to do a lot of things. Some people say I am a workaholic. I run two blogs, a book promotion page, and I am an avid reader. I love being creative, and design book covers, teasers, and trailers. When I am not doing something book related, I can be found in lego land, swimming, watching movies, or something with my kids/family.

What does your family think of your writing?
My family is supportive of my writing.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I have written five books so far, and Speaking Emotions is my favorite. It is close to my heart because it’s inspiration came from my daughter.

Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
I hear from my readers a lot. They have positive things to say about my writing. One of the things they have commented on is my passion.

What do you think makes a good story?
I think anything can be a good story with passion and inspiration behind it.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

I wanted to be a child psychologist when I grew up. J

Thank you so much Terra for letting us get into your brain just a little! You seem like a wonderful person and I am happy to call you friend! 

Terra is giving away one copy of each of her Immortal books posted here! Comment for your chance to grab one!



No comments:

Post a Comment